Are you taking new patients?
Yes, we are. There is an opportunity to join our Partners lists as a Plan Member (this costs £11.50/month). Otherwise, we offer some NHS availability with our junior Associates’. Email the Practice on email@example.com or call 028 2565 5060.
What are your opening hours?
Mon-Thurs 08:00 – 20:00, Fri 08:00-16:00 and Sat 09:00 – 15:00
What if I have pain outside normal opening hours?
Call the Dalriada Relief of Pain clinic on 0282 566 3510, in Ballymena. You MUST call the clinic before attending in person.
What if I have to cancel my appointment?
At Smiles Dental Care we know that sometimes you might have to cancel your appointment. We ask that all our patients give us at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel. You can either text us, phone us on 028 2565 5060 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot get through to us on the phones then leave us a voicemail and we will return your call.
If you fail to attend your dentist appointment or give us less than 24 hours notice then there will be a charge of £1 per minute of your appointment with a minimum charge of £30.
What if I have a complaint?
At Smiles Dental Care we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. If patients complain, they will be dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We will try to learn from our mistakes and wish to respond to patients concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service is Mr Neil Tweedie
2.If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Mr Tweedie. If Mr Tweedie is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when he or she will be able to talk to him and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it
3. If the patient complains in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to Mr Tweedie
4. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care of associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen
5. We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of the complaint being received to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
6. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation
7. Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of an complaint received
8. If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
9. For NHS Treatment:
HSCB Northern area, County Hall, Galgorm Road, Ballymena
11. For Private Treatment:
RQIA, 9th Floor, Riverside Tower, 5 Lanyon Place, Belfast, BT1 3BT and/or The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, WIM 8DQ
Who regulates your Practice?
We are regulated by the Northern Health Board and RQIA (Regulatory and Quality Improvement Authority). Please ask if you would like to see our most recent inspection report.